All restorations are executed only after a thorough examination of the bass and discussion with the owner. Where regluing applies, all old glue surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and dried. I use fresh hide glue only. All new components are fit to the closest tolerances by using a straight edge and back lighting or by using graphite to friction fit.
Common Restoration Jobs:
- Back brace regluing or replacement
- The repair and or replacement of perfeling
- Retouching of varnish/French Polish
- Neck reset Edging / doubling Corner replacement
- Sound post patch (inlaid)
- Bass bar shaping or replacement